Search and find
You can search for content in Microsoft Stream from the top of any page with the Search box in the application bar. Stream allows you to search for videos, channels, people, and browse groups.
All content in Microsoft Stream is security trimmed, so if you don't have access to a video, channel, or group it won't show up in Stream or your search results.
Search across Stream
- Type in a word or phrase into the Search box at the top of Microsoft Stream. Press enter or click the magnifying glass.
- Pivot your search results by either Videos, Channels, or People depending on what you are looking for.
- For videos and channels you can sort the results to further make it easier to find what you are looking for.
We currently do not support searching for groups but you can browse groups within Microsoft Stream and sort them to better find the group you are looking for.
Deep search on what's said in the video
If you have the right Microsoft Stream license, when searching for videos Microsoft Stream will find videos based not only on the title and description, but also based on what's being said in the video. Search results based on the transcript of the video allow you to jump to the exact point in the video that has the information you are looking for.
- From Browse > Videos > Search for videos or the Search box at the top of Microsoft stream, type in a word or phrase to search for.
- When you see video search results with time codes (@00:10) you can click on any of the lines to start playing the video from that specific point in time.
Search within a channel
If you are looking for a video in a specific channel you can scope your search just to that channel.
- Go to the channel you want to search within.
- Use the Search for videos search box on the channel page.
Search within a group
If you are looking for a video in a specific group you can scope your search just to that group.
- Go to the group you want to search within.
- Click the Videos tab.
- Use the Search for videos search box on the group video page.