The documents in this section provide general troubleshooting tips for App Center Test.
If you're unsure how to diagnose your issue, here are some general tips:
- Confirm your tests work locally. Ideally compare similar device model(s) and OS versions to minimize variables.
- Select devices in Test with similar specifications. Similar devices can show if issues are correlated with particular models or OS versions.
- iOS simulator app packages can't be uploaded to Test. Test requires a iOS device build (IPA) that our system can re-sign using our Development Provisioning files.
- Your test suite might need extra time or a server connection to reliably pass tests in App Center.
- Test can't automate multiple apps, or system apps (browser, camera, and so on). This limitation is true even for testing frameworks that allow full system control locally.
Common Documented Issues
- (Android) missing or corrupted screenshots
- (iOS) Privacy Alerts
- (iOS) Incorrect coordinates
- CLI exit codes
- Database changes during tests
- Device idling
- Device log analysis
- Stalled devices
- Time limits
- Web & server connection issues
Issues that occur in local testing, or using specific framework features, usually require framework-specific troubleshooting. Helpful resources are listed below:
|App Center Guides||External Framework Documentation|
|Calabash||Calabash iOS Wiki, Calabash Android Wiki|
Contacting App Center Support
Open the help menu in the upper-right corner of the App Center portal: www.appcenter.ms > ? > Contact support. Use the message field to explain your issue or question. Support is provided in English only and during business hours.