Put Items Away with Inventory Put-aways
When your location is set up to require put-away processing but not receive processing, you use the Inventory Put-away document to record and post put-away and receipt information for your source documents. The inbound source document can be a purchase order, a sales return order, an inbound transfer order, or an assembly or production order whose output is ready to be put away.
You can create an inventory put-away in three ways:
- Create the put-away in two steps by first creating a warehouse request from the source document, which acts as a signal to the warehouse that the source document is ready for put-away. The inventory put-away can then be created from the Inventory Put-away page based on the source document.
- Create the inventory put-away directly from the source document itself.
- Create inventory put-aways for several source documents at once by using a batch job.
To request an inventory put-away by releasing the source document
For purchase orders, sales return orders, inbound transfer orders, and assembly orders, you create the warehouse request by releasing the order. The following describes how to do this from a purchase order.
Choose the icon, enter Purchase Orders, and then choose the related link.
Select the purchase order that you want to release, and then choose the Release action.
For production orders, you create the warehouse request by creating an inbound request from the released production order.
Choose the icon, enter Released Production Orders, and then choose the related link.
Choose the Create Inbound Whse. Request action.
You can also create the inbound warehouse request by selecting the Create Inbound Request check box when you refresh the production order. For more information, see Refresh or Replan Production Orders.
When the warehouse request is created, a warehouse employee assigned to putting items away can see that the source document is ready and can create an inventory put-away document.
To create an inventory put-away based on the source document
Now that the request is created, the warehouse employee can create a new inventory put-away based on the released source document.
- Choose the icon, enter Inventory Put-away, and then select the related link.
- Choose the New action.
- In the Source Document field, select the type of source document you are putting away for.
- In the Source No. field, select the source document.
- Alternatively, choose the Get Source Document action to select the document from a list of inbound source documents that are ready for put-away at the location.
- Choose the OK button to fill the put-away lines according to the selected source document.
To create an inventory put-away from the source document
- In the source document, which can be a purchase order, sales return order, inbound transfer order, or production order, choose the Create Inventory Put-away/Pick action.
- Select the Create Invt. Put-away check box.
- Choose the OK button. A new inventory put-away is created.
To create multiple inventory put-aways with a batch job
- Choose the icon, enter Create Invt. Put-away / Pick, and then choose the related link.
- On the Warehouse Request FastTab of the request page, use the Source Document and Source No. fields to filter on certain types of documents or ranges of document numbers.
- On the Options FastTab, select the Create Invt. Put-away check box.
- Choose the OK button. The specified inventory put-aways are created.
To record the inventory put-away
Open a previously created put-away document by selecting one from the Inventory Put-aways page.
In the Bin Code field on the put-away lines, the bin where the items must be put away is suggesting per the item's default bin. You can change the bin in this page if necessary.
Perform the put-away and enter the information for the actual quantity put away in the Qty. to Handle field.
If it is necessary to place the items for one line in more than one bin, for example because the designated bin is full, then use the Split Line function on the Lines FastTab. For more information about splitting lines, see Split Warehouse Activity Lines.
When you have performed the put-away, choose the Post action.
The posting process will post the receipt, or for production orders, the output, of the source document lines that have been put away, and if the location uses bins, the posting will also create warehouse entries to post the bin quantity changes.