If you'd like to see us expand this article with more information, implementation details, pricing guidance, or code examples, let us know with GitHub Feedback!
Medium Umbraco CMS web app configured to scale and optimal for high-traffic sites. It uses two web apps, one for your front-end app and the other for your back-office app, deployed in a single region with autoscaling enabled.
This solution is built on the Azure managed services: Azure SQL Database, Storage Accounts, Application Insights and Azure Cache for Redis. These services run in a high-availability environment, patched and supported, allowing you to focus on your solution instead of the environment they run in.
Download an SVG of this architecture.
Deploy to Azure
Use the following pre-built template to deploy this architecture to Azure
- Run an Umbraco CMS on the Web Apps feature of Azure App Service with the front-end and back-office apps running on the same app.
- Store your site's content in Azure SQL Database. The back-office web app and front-end web app use the same database. Use Azure SQL Database's features such as backup and high availability.
- Storage Accounts: Store all your media in Azure Storage, so you can reduce I/O operation on the web app file server and improve performance.
- Application Insights: Detect issues, diagnose crashes, and track usage in your web app with Application Insights. Make informed decisions throughout the development lifecycle.
- Store session state and output cache on Azure Cache for Redis to improve performance and reduce the load on your web front ends.
- Create a web app from the Azure Marketplace
- SQL Database tutorial: Create a SQL database in minutes by using the Azure portal
- Get started with Azure Blob storage using .NET
- Logs, exceptions and custom diagnostics for ASP.NET in Application Insights
- How to create a Web App with Azure Cache for Redis
- Deploy to Azure