Permissions error when you import an Outlook 2011 identity
Original KB number: 3053602
When you import an Outlook 2011 identity into Outlook 2016 for Mac, you may receive the following error message:
Your identity cannot be imported as you do not have sufficient permissions on your 2011 identity.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
Open Terminal using one of the following methods:
- With Finder as the selected application, on the Go menu select Utilities. Double-click Terminal.
- In Spotlight Search, type Terminal and then double-click Terminal from the search results.
Go to the parent directory of your Outlook 2011 identity in Terminal by typing the following command.
cd ~/Documents/Microsoft\ User\ Data/Office\ 2011\ Identities
Type chmod -R 755 <Identity_Name>, and then press Enter. Steps 2 and 3 are represented in this screenshot:
If you do not know your Identity name, you can type LS in Terminal and then press Enter for a list of the Identity names.
This should set the correct permissions for your identity. You should now be able to launch Outlook and import your 2011 identity by selecting Import on the File menu.
Outlook 2016 for Mac is available with the following subscriptions:
- Office 365 Home
- Office 365 Personal
- Office 365 University
- Office 365 Business
- Office 365 Business Premium
- Office 365 Small Business Premium
- Office 365 Midsize Business
- Office 365 Enterprise E3
- Office 365 Enterprise E4
- Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise
- Office 365 Government G3
- Office 365 Government G4
- Office 365 Education A3
- Office 365 Education A4
- Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise for Students
- Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise A for Students