New email messages automatically move to the Junk folder in Microsoft Outlook
Original KB number: 2961409
Consider the following scenario:
- You have a Samsung mobile device that is using the default mail application.
- The spam addresses feature on the device contains entries.
- You run Microsoft Outlook 2010 or a later version.
In this scenario, intermittently, new email messages automatically move to a folder that is named either Junk or Unwanted.
This issue occurs even though you didn't create the Junk folder or the Unwanted folder in your mailbox.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- On the mobile device, start the email app.
- Press the Menu key, select Settings, and then select General Settings.
- Select Spam addresses, and then remove any addresses that should not be there. For example, remove your corporate domain.