Create Recurring Sales
If you often need to create sales lines with similar information, you can set up standard lines that you can then insert on recurring sales documents, for example, for recurring replenishment orders.
Set up recurring sales lines
- Choose the icon, enter Recurring Sales Lines, and then choose the related link.
- On the Recurring Sales Lines page, choose the New action.
- On the General FastTab, fill the fields as necessary. Hover over a field to read a short description.
- On the Lines FastTab, enter information in the fields to prepare sales lines that reflect the standard lines that you expect to use as recurring lines on sales documents.
You cannot define prices on recurring sales lines because prices, discounts, etc. are calculated on the actual sales documents after you insert the recurring sales lines.
In the default version of Business Central, line numbers are hidden. If you want to see the line numbers, you must personalise the current page and add the Line No. field. For more information, see Personalise Your Workspace.
Assign recurring sales lines to a customer
Assign one or more recurring sales lines to a customer so that they are available to insert on sales documents for that customer.
Choose the icon, enter Customers, and then choose the related link.
Open the card for a relevant customer.
Choose the Recurring Sales Lines action.
On the Recurring Sales Lines page, select codes for the recurring sales lines that you want to be able to insert on sales documents for the customer.
Fill in the other fields to define when, how, and where the recurring sales lines are to be used.
If you plan to use the recurring sales lines set together with the Create Recurring Sales Invoices batch job, use the Valid From Date and Valid To Date fields to restrict when the recurring sales lines are used for creation of invoices. For more information, see Create multiple sales invoices based on standard sales lines.
You can also specify a direct-debit payment method and a direct-debit mandate. The sales invoices that are created with the Create Recurring Sales Invoices batch job will then include the information required to collect payment with SEPA direct debit. For more information, see Collect Payments with SEPA Direct Debit.
In the four fields where you select how the lines are inserted on four document types, select one of the following options:
|Manual||You must manually look up and insert a recurring sales line that exists for the customer.|
|Automatic||If multiple recurring sales lines exist for the customer, you will get a notification from where you can pick which one to insert. If only one recurring sales line exists, it will be inserted automatically.
This only works if the new document was created from a document list, for example by choosing the New action on the Sales Orders page. It does not work if the document was created from a customer card, for example.
|Always Ask||A notification appears and all existing recurring sales lines are shown so that you can select one.|
Insert recurring sales lines on a sales invoice
If recurring sales lines exist for the customer, you can insert them, or have them inserted, on all types of sales documents, such as a sales invoice. If you have activated the Always Ask options while assigning recurring sales lines to customers, you will be informed if recurring sales lines exist.
- Choose the icon, enter Sales Invoices, and then choose the related link.
- Open the sales invoice that you want to insert one or more standard sales lines on.
- Choose the Get Recurring Sales Lines action.
- On the Recurring Sales Lines page, choose the lookup button in the Code field, and then select a set of standard sales lines.
- Choose the OK button to insert the standard sales lines on the invoice where you can reuse them as is or edit the information.
Create multiple sales invoices based on recurring sales lines
You can use the Create Recurring Sales Invoices batch job to create sales invoices according to standard sales lines that are assigned to the customers and with posting dates within the valid-from and valid-to dates that you specify on the standard sales lines.
- Choose the icon, enter Create Recurring Sales Invoices, and then choose the related link.
- On the Create Recurring Sales Invoices page, fill in the fields as necessary.
- In the Code filter field, enter the code for standard sales lines that are assigned to a customer that you want to create sales invoices for.
- Choose the OK button.
Sales invoices are created for the customers with the specified standard customer sales code, and any specified direct-debit information, for posting on the specified date.
See related training at Microsoft Learn
Submit and view feedback for