Using your Windows device with Intune Company Portal
This section describes the tasks and information specific to the Company Portal for Windows. Use it to help you troubleshoot and manage your Windows devices from Company Portal. Click any link listed below to see more details, steps, and screenshots.
How to get Company Portal
Company Portal is available in website version and also as an app download. To access the Company Portal website, sign in with your work or school credentials.
See Sign in to the Company Portal for detailed steps and screenshots.
Company Portal currently supports devices running the following versions of Windows:
- Windows 10 (Home, Pro, Education, S mode, and Enterprise versions)
- Windows Phone 8.1 and later
- Windows 8.1 RT
- Windows 8.1
Other versions of Windows, such as Windows 10 Holographic, are supported in the Company Portal. However, these versions are not covered in this article because they are for very specific uses.
Set up your device in the Company Portal
- Get my Windows device managed in Company Portal
- What does it mean to get my device managed?
- What info can my company see on my device?
- Encrypt my device
- Set or change device password
Things you can do after your device is enrolled in management
- Sync my device manually
- Turn off Microsoft usage data collection
- Erase data from a lost or stolen device
- What happens after I reset my device in Company Portal?
- Remove my device from management
- What happens if I remove my device from Company Portal?
Troubleshoot and maintain your device
- Resolve access point restrictions
- My Windows 10 device won't enroll
- My version of Windows isn't supported
- Update my Windows device
- Send logs from the Company Portal app
- Send logs from device Settings app
- Install Office 365 on my Windows 10 device
- My device needs to be encrypted
- Get antimalware software
- Enable Secure Boot
- Enable Code Integrity
- Turn on Windows Firewall
- Enable User Access Control
- Update OS build versions
- Turn on Windows Defender