SQL Server Data Tools - License Terms
MICROSOFT SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS
MICROSOFT SQL SERVER DATA TOOLS
These license terms are an agreement between Microsoft Corporation (or based on where you live, one of its affiliates) and you. Please read them. They apply to the software named above, which includes the media on which you received it, if any. The terms also apply to any Microsoft
- Internet-based services, and
- support services
for this software, unless other terms accompany those items. If so, those terms apply.
BY USING THE SOFTWARE, YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS. YOU MAY CHOOSE NOT TO ACCEPT THESE TERMS, IN WHICH CASE YOU MAY NOT USE THE SOFTWARE (IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY INSTALLED IT) OR WITHDRAW YOUR ACCEPTANCE ANY TIME BY UNINSTALLING THE SOFTWARE.
If you comply with these license terms, you have the rights below.
1. INSTALLATION AND USE RIGHTS.
a. Installation and Use.
- You may install and use any number of copies of the software on your devices to design, develop and test your programs.
b. Other Microsoft Programs. The software includes other Microsoft SQL Server technologies, Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Shell (Isolated) Redistributable Package, Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Shell (Integrated) Redistributable Package, Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Applications 2015, .NET Framework, Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, and Microsoft Report Viewer 2016 Runtime in conjunction with the software licensed here. These components are governed by separate agreements and their own product support policies, as described in the license terms found in the installation directory for that component or in the "Licenses" folder accompanying the software.
2. ADDITIONAL LICENSING REQUIREMENTS AND/OR USE RIGHTS.
a. Distributable Code.
i. Right to Use and Distribute. If you comply with the terms below:
- You may copy and distribute the object code form of the Microsoft SQL Server Data-Tier Application Framework ("Distributable Code") in programs you develop; and
- You may permit distributors of your programs to copy and distribute the Distributable Code as part of those programs.
ii. Distribution Requirements. For any Distributable Code you distribute, you must
- add significant primary functionality to it in your programs;
- for any Distributable Code having a filename extension of .lib, distribute only the results of running such Distributable Code through a linker with your program;
- distribute Distributable Code included in a setup program only as part of that setup program without modification;
- require distributors and external end users to agree to the Microsoft license terms included as part of our software setup program;
- display your valid copyright notice on your programs; and
- indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Microsoft from any claims, including attorneys' fees, related to the distribution or use of your programs.
iii. Distribution Restrictions. You may not
- alter any copyright, trademark or patent notice in the Distributable Code;
- use Microsoft's trademarks in your programs' names or in a way that suggests your programs come from or are endorsed by Microsoft;
- distribute Distributable Code to run on a platform other than the Windows platform;
- include Distributable Code in malicious, deceptive or unlawful programs; or
- modify or distribute the source code of any Distributable Code so that any part of it becomes subject to an Excluded License. An Excluded License is one that requires, as a condition of use, modification or distribution, that
- the code be disclosed or distributed in source code form; or
- others have the right to modify it.
3. INTERNET-BASED SERVICES. Microsoft provides Internet-based services with the software. It may change or cancel them at any time. You may not use these devices in any way that could harm them or impair anyone else's use of them. You may not use the services to try to gain unauthorized access to any service, data, account or network by any means.
a. SQL Server Reporting Services Map Report Item. The software may include features that retrieve content such as maps, images and other data through the Bing Maps (or successor branded) application programming interface (the "Bing Maps APIs"). The purpose of these features is to create reports displaying data on top of maps, aerial and hybrid imagery. If these features are included, you may use them to create and view dynamic or static documents. This may be done only in conjunction with and through methods and means of access integrated in the software. You may not otherwise copy, store, archive, or create a database of the content available through the Bing Maps APIs. You may not use the following for any purpose even if they are available through the Bing Maps APIs:
- Bing Maps APIs to provide sensor based guidance/routing, or
- any Road Traffic Data or Bird's Eye Imagery (or associated metadata).
b. This software is designed to allow users of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to (a) move data between on-premises data-stores and Microsoft online services and (b) trigger certain actions in Microsoft online services. In order to do this, the software uses Internet Protocols to (i) send data, including your own data as designated by you and data about the software's configuration, to these services, and (ii) request data, including your own data as designated by you and data about the nature and configuration of your Microsoft online services, from these services. Once you configure the software to communicate with these services, you may not receive separate notices when the software connects to these services.
4. FEEDBACK. If you give feedback about the software to Microsoft, you give to Microsoft, without charge, the right to use, share and commercialize your feedback in any way and for any purpose. You also give to third parties, without charge, any patent rights needed for their products, technologies and services to use or interface with any specific parts of a Microsoft software or service that includes the feedback. You will not give feedback that is subject to a license that requires Microsoft to license its software or documentation to third parties because we include your feedback in them. These rights survive this agreement.
5. THIRD PARTY NOTICES. The software may include third party components with separate legal notices or governed by other agreements, as may be described in the ThirdPartyNotices file accompanying the software. Even if such components are governed by other agreements, the disclaimers and the limitations on and exclusions of damages below also apply.
6. .NET FRAMEWORK SOFTWARE. The software contains Microsoft .NET Framework software. This software is part of Windows. The license terms for Windows apply to your use of the .NET Framework software.
7. SCOPE OF LICENSE. The software is licensed, not sold. This agreement only gives you some rights to use the software. Microsoft reserves all other rights. Unless applicable law gives you more rights despite this limitation, you may use the software only as expressly permitted in this agreement. In doing so, you must comply with any technical limitations in the software that only allow you to use it in certain ways. You may not
- disclose the results of any benchmark tests of the software, other than the Microsoft .NET Framework (see separate term above), to any third party without Microsoft's prior written approval;
- work around any technical limitations in the software;
- reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the software, except and only to the extent that applicable law expressly permits, despite this limitation;
- make more copies of the software than specified in this agreement or allowed by applicable law, despite this limitation;
- publish the software for others to copy;
- rent, lease or lend the software;
- transfer the software or this agreement to any third party; or
- use the software for commercial software hosting services.
8. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. The software is subject to United States export laws and regulations. You must comply with all domestic and international export laws and regulations that apply to the software. These laws include restrictions on destinations, end users and end use. For additional information, see https://www.microsoft.com/exporting.
9. UPDATES. The software may install automatic updates, which cannot be turned off. By using the software, you agree to receive automatic updates without any additional notice, and permit Microsoft to download and install them for you. You agree to obtain these updates only from Microsoft or Microsoft authorized sources. If you do not want software updates, disconnect your device from the internet or uninstall the software.
10. SUPPORT SERVICES. Because this software is "as is," we may not provide support services for it.
11. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This agreement, and the terms for supplements, updates, Internet-based services and support services that you use, are the entire agreement for the software and support services.
12. APPLICABLE LAW.
a. United States. If you acquired the software in the United States, Washington state law governs the interpretation of this agreement and applies to claims for breach of it, regardless of conflict of laws principles. The laws of the state where you live govern all other claims, including claims under state consumer protection laws, unfair competition laws, and in tort.
b. Outside the United States. If you acquired the software in any other country, the laws of that country apply.
13. LEGAL EFFECT. This agreement describes certain legal rights. You may have other rights under the laws of your country. You may also have rights with respect to the party from whom you acquired the software. This agreement does not change your rights under the laws of your country if the laws of your country do not permit it to do so.
14. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. The software is licensed "as-is." You bear the risk of using it. Microsoft gives no express warranties, guarantees or conditions. You may have additional consumer rights or statutory guarantees under your local laws which this agreement cannot change. To the extent permitted under your local laws, Microsoft excludes the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
FOR AUSTRALIA - You have statutory guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law and nothing in these terms is intended to affect those rights.
15. LIMITATION ON AND EXCLUSION OF REMEDIES AND DAMAGES. You can recover from Microsoft and its suppliers only direct damages up to U.S. $5.00. You cannot recover any other damages, including consequential, lost profits, special, indirect or incidental damages.
This limitation applies to
- anything related to the software, services, content (including code) on third party Internet sites, or third party programs; and
- claims for breach of contract, breach of warranty, guarantee or condition, strict liability, negligence, or other tort to the extent permitted by applicable law.
It also applies even if Microsoft knew or should have known about the possibility of the damages. The above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you because your country may not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, consequential or other damages.
Please note: As this software is distributed in Quebec, Canada, these license terms are provided below in French.
Remarque : Ce logiciel étant distribué au Québec, Canada, certaines des clauses dans ce contrat sont fournies ci-dessous en français.
EXCLUSIONS DE GARANTIE. Le logiciel est concédé sous licence « en l'état ». Vous assumez tous les risques liés à son utilisation. Microsoft n'accorde aucune garantie ou condition expresse. Vous pouvez bénéficier de droits des consommateurs supplémentaires dans le cadre du droit local, que ce contrat ne peut modifier. Lorsque cela est autorisé par le droit local, Microsoft exclut les garanties implicites de qualité, d'adéquation à un usage particulier et d'absence de contrefaçon.
LIMITATION ET EXCLUSION DE RECOURS ET DE DOMMAGES. Vous pouvez obtenir de Microsoft et de ses fournisseurs une indemnisation en cas de dommages directs limitée uniquement à hauteur de 5,00 $ US. Vous ne pouvez prétendre à aucune indemnisation pour les autres dommages, y compris les dommages spéciaux, indirects ou accessoires et pertes de bénéfices.
Cette limitation concerne :
toute affaire liée au logiciel, aux services ou au contenu (y compris le code) figurant sur des sites Internet tiers ou dans des programmes tiers et
les réclamations au titre de violation de contrat ou de garantie, ou au titre de responsabilité stricte, de négligence ou d'une autre faute dans la limite autorisée par la loi en vigueur.
Elle s'applique également même si Microsoft connaissait l'éventualité d'un tel dommage. La limitation ou exclusion ci-dessus peut également ne pas vous être applicable, car votre pays n'autorise pas l'exclusion ou la limitation de responsabilité pour les dommages indirects, accessoires ou de quelque nature que ce soit.
EFFET JURIDIQUE. Le présent contrat décrit certains droits juridiques. Vous pourriez avoir d'autres droits prévus par les lois de votre pays. Le présent contrat ne modifie pas les droits que vous confèrent les lois de votre pays si celles-ci ne le permettent pas.