Blind transfer from an anonymous response group agent fails in Lync Server
Consider the following scenario:
- A response group receives an incoming call in Microsoft Lync Server 2010.
- The workflow for the response group has the Enable agent anonymity option selected.
- An anonymous response group agent accepts the incoming call.
- The agent transfers the call to another response group.
In this scenario, the call transfer fails. Additionally, the following notification and error message are received:
Cannot complete the transfer When contacting your support team reference error ID 503 (source ID 239).
To work around this issue, follow these steps after the anonymous response group agent accepts the incoming call:
- Click the Transfer call to another person or device button that is located on the Lync 2010 call window.
- In the Transfer to Others category, click Another Person or Number.
- Use the Transfer Call dialog to locate and select the response group contact to transfer the call.
- Click the down arrow and then click View more options.
- Click the Lync Call feature from the list.
The anonymous transfer for the call will succeed.