What's in Skype for Business Server 2019
Summary: Read this topic to learn about new features in Skype for Business Server 2019.
New features in Skype for Business Server 2019 include the following:
- Cloud Voicemail
- Call Data Connector
- Side-by-side migration
Unified messaging services: Cloud Voicemail
Exchange UM remains available in Skype for Business Server 2019 when you integrate Skype for Business 2019 with Exchange 2013 or Exchange 2016. Due to changes in support in Exchange 2019, Exchange UM integration is being de-emphasised in favor of Cloud Voicemail and Cloud Auto Attendant features.
Cloud Voicemail enables all your Skype for Business 2019 users—whether they are homed on premises or online—to have access to the same voicemail service in the Microsoft Cloud. Cloud Voicemail provides the following benefits for both your on-premises and online users:
- Access to voicemail in their Exchange mailbox by using the Skype for Business Online, Teams, or Outlook clients
- Ability to use the web-based portal to manage their voicemail options
See Plan Cloud Voicemail service and Plan for Skype for Business Server and Exchange Server migration for more information.
Call monitoring: Call Data Connector
Call Data Connector greatly simplifies call monitoring in a hybrid environment because you no longer need to use different sets of on-premises and online tools to monitor all of your users call quality. Whether your users are homed on premises or online, you can choose to view call quality for your entire organization online.
With Call Data Connector, you can perform the following tasks by using a single toolset:
- Monitor your user experience across Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business Online, and Skype for Business Server.
- View and troubleshoot problems across your network
- Assign helpdesk and administrator roles for Call Analytics, so that you can empower helpdesk workers to view and troubleshoot their areas of responsibility.
See Plan Call Data Connector for more information.
We'd love to hear your thoughts. Choose the type you'd like to provide:
Our feedback system is built on GitHub Issues. Read more on our blog.