Shaping the next generation deployment experience
We are thinking about the next version of Visual Studio's deployment experience. I need your help to make the next version of Visual Studio's installation and deployment as valuable as possible.
Please send me your feedback. For example, I am looking for feedback in the following areas:
- Do people like a lot of install options or just as few as possible.
- Installation type:
- Do people install through the UI or silently?
- Do you launch and forget about the installation or watch it go?
- Is there a silent installation method that you would like to see supported in the future?
- What is a reasonable time to install the product?
- Do people like the companion products that we install?
- Do people ever look at the installation logs? If so, what for?
- How do you deploy your applications to your customers?
- How often and under what circumstances do you uninstall Visual Studio?
- How often and under what circumstances do you add/remove features to/from Visual Studio?
Additionally, Have you installed any applications recently, which had a cool install experience? Tell us about it.
Send feedback and comments to <aaronru@nospam_microsoft.com> (prior to sending please remove "nospam_")
Thanks for improving Visual Studio.