The Microsoft Office 2010 Deployment Kit for App-V is now available
The Microsoft Office 2010 Deployment Kit for App-V is required for sequencing and deploying Office 2010 client products with Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V). This kit includes the components required for Office license activation.
This product must be installed on the App-V sequencing station prior to monitoring the Office 2010 client installation.
This product must also be installed on the client machines to which virtualized Office 2010 client packages will be deployed. It can be configured to enable certain system components to interact with virtualized Office 2010, including:
- Fast search in virtualized Outlook 2010 using Windows Desktop Search
- Ability for virtualized Office 2010 applications to open, edit, and save Office files hosted with Windows SharePoint
- Search indexing support for Office file types
- URL protocol redirection to virtualized Outlook 2010
- Print to virtualized OneNote 2010
- Mail control panel applet for virtualized Outlook 2010
For all the details and to download the deployment kit see this link.
The Office 2010 App-V RTM Recipe is available as a KB article here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/983462
The Office 2010 App-v Deployment kit is available from the Microsoft Download center at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=479f12f2-5678-493e-bce1-682b3ece5431
Curious on how to build a Windows 7, Office 2010 and App-V Proof of Concept? Check out the guidance here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/ff603537.aspx
J.C. Hornbeck | System Center Knowledge Engineer