Visual Studio Deployment Tutorial Series Published
A new series of tutorials about how to deploy an ASP.NET web application has been published on the ASP.NET site: Deployment to a Hosting Provider. The tutorials show you how to deploy a web application project to a third-party hosting provider using Visual Studio one-click publish. Here is an outline of the topics covered:
- Deploying SQL Server Compact databases and the database engine.
- Setting up Web.config file transformations.
- Deploying to IIS on the development computer as a test environment.
- Setting folder permissions for an application that needs to be able to write files to a folder.
- Setting up an account at a hosting provider and deploying to the hosting provider.
- Deploying an update when only code is changing (no database change).
- Deploying a database update (SQL Server Compact).
- Migrating from SQL Server Compact to full SQL Server.
- Deploying a database update (SQL Server Express / full SQL Server).
Feedback is welcome, and you can post your comments either here or in the tutorials themselves.
-- Tom Dykstra
ASP.NET and Web Tools Developer Content