Microsoft 365 announced at Inspire 2017 | Top 4 things for partners to know
At Inspire 2017, Satya introduced Microsoft 365, which brings together Office 365, Windows 10, and Enterprise Mobility + Security, delivering a complete, intelligent, and secure solution to empower employees, below are the 4 Top things partners in Australia need to know about the announcement.
1. Microsoft 365 provides two commercial offerings to support the needs of the largest enterprise to the smallest business;
- Microsoft 365 Enterprise is designed for large organisations and integrates Office 365 Enterprise, Windows 10 Enterprise, and Enterprise Mobility + Security to empower employees to be creative and work together, securely. Microsoft 365 Enterprise replaces Secure Productive Enterprise to double-down on the new customer promise of empowering employees to be creative and work together, securely.
- Microsoft 365 Business is designed for small-to-medium sized businesses with up to 300 users and integrates Office 365 Business Premium with tailored security and management features from Windows 10 and Enterprise Mobility + Security. It offers services to empower employees, safeguard the business, and simplify IT management. Microsoft 365 Business will be available in public preview on August 2.|
2. Microsoft 365 Enterprise is offered in two plans—Microsoft 365 E3 and Microsoft 365 E5. Both are available for purchase on August 1, 2017. Microsoft 365 Business will be available in public preview on August 2, 2017. It will become generally available on a worldwide basis in Spring of 2017.
3. As a part of our commitment to small-to-medium sized customers, we also announced three tailored applications that are coming to Office 365 Business Premium and Microsoft 365 Business. These new applications are rolling out in preview over the next few weeks to Office 365 Business Premium subscribers in the U.S., U.K. and Canada, starting with those in the first release program. General availability outside of these markets has not yet been announced.
- Microsoft Connections —A simple-to-use email marketing service.
- Microsoft Listings—An easy way to publish your business information on top sites.
- Microsoft Invoicing—A new way to create professional invoices and get paid fast.
4. Microsoft 365 represents a significant opportunity for partners to grow your businesses through differentiation of offerings, simplification of sales processes and incremental revenue. For more information please refer to the resources listed below;
- Learn about the Microsoft 365 Business partner opportunity and Microsoft 365 Enterprise partner opportunity
- Get ready to offer the Microsoft 365 Business preview to your customers 02 August.
- Read the 3rd Party Studies available;
- Get signed up for the latest training for Partners or watch the sessions from Inspire.