Practice Accelerator Search, Social, Portals & Collaboration (V3)
The SharePoint 2013 PA [Level 300] takes partners through an intense 1 day session where they will learn the latest information regarding the planning considerations, leading implementation practices and recommendations for deploying SharePoint 2013 for their customers. It will be delivered via presentations, open discussions and demos focused on helping the partner better understand the breath of capabilities the latest version of SharePoint has to offer their customers.
• Understanding of SharePoint 2007/2010 Architecture design
• Understanding of SharePoint features and functionalities
• Deployment of SharePoint 2007/ 2010
• Administration of SharePoint 2007/2010
• Completed the SharePoint Ignite training at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/fp123606
• Completed the SP2013 IT-Pro training materials at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/Fp123606
The following points will guide the key modules of the delivery (Session Agenda):
• Architectural changes and enhancements introduced in SharePoint 2013: This part will cover the key changes to areas such as System requirements, Service applications, authentication models, Office Web Applications.
• Upgrade to SharePoint 2013: This will walk partners through a real world upgrade scenario and also cover leading practices around formalizing a process by which to make a repeatable practice for their customers.
• Search in SharePoint 2013: Search in 2013 has been re-written to combine multiple products and simplify the SKU catalog. In this module we will cover the implementation considerations and the features included with the latest release.
• Social in SharePoint 2013: With the significant investment made to drive more social capabilities into SharePoint 2013 this will cover how the new capabilities will benefit end users and drive adoption.
• ECM/ WCM in SharePoint 2013: This module will cover the improvements made in the area of E-discovery and the Managed Metadata service. It will also include examples of how to leverage the improvements to benefit customers.
The Microsoft SharePoint 2013 PA is a Live Virtual Instructor-Led Training Delivery which enables our partners to introduce or enhance their practice with SP2013. The content included in this PA requires experience with previous versions of SharePoint and will be delivered on a 200-300 level of technical depth. Upon completion partners will be able to help their customers reduce costs, improve operational efficiencies, and drive business agility by delivering a solution that takes advantage of industry-leading architectures and principles.
Date: March 3rd, 2014
Time: 10:00am – 6:00pm