Now Available - System Center Virtual Machine Manager Self-Service Portal 2.0 SP1
Using System Center Virtual Machine Manager Self-Service Portal 2.0 SP1, you can respond more effectively—and at a lower cost—to the rapidly changing needs of your organization. Built on Windows Server® 2008 R2, Hyper-V™ technology, and System Center Virtual Machine Manager, VMMSSP enables you to offer infrastructure as a service in your organization.
Download the VMMSSP:
Some of additional VMMSSP features:
- Import virtual machines. Allows DCIT administrators to re-import virtual machines that were removed from the self-service portal and also import virtual machines created outside the portal but managed by VMM.
- Set virtual machine expiration dates. This feature lets the user set an expiration date for the virtual machines that are being created or imported so that the virtual machines auto-delete after the set date. This feature also provides users the flexibility (through role-based access) to set or change the expiration date for the virtual machine.
- Define and use custom virtual machine actions. A datacenter administrator can now create up to five custom virtual machine actions and make them available to users on the Virtual Machines tab of the self-service portal. For example, a database administrator can create a Create Checkpoint action and add it to the list of actions on the Virtual Machines tab.
- Use Opalis policies in virtual machine actions. In a datacenter that includes a deployment of Opalis Integration Server, a datacenter administrator can customize tasks in virtual machine actions to trigger Opalis policies instead of running scripts.
- Define and use custom virtual machine properties. A datacenter administrator can define custom properties to collect information from users in the Create Virtual Machine wizard, and use these properties in the tasks of the CreateVM virtual machine action. For example, if a datacenter administrator creates the properties RAM and CPU Count, the Create Virtual Machine wizard includes fields for RAM and CPU Count. When a user finishes the wizard, the wizard passes the RAM and CPU Count values that the user entered to the tasks in the CreateVM virtual machine action.
- Notify administrators. This feature provides functionality to notify BUIT or DCIT administrators via email about various events in the system (for example, Submit request, Approve request, and so on).
- Move infrastructures between business units. This feature allows DCIT administrators to move an infrastructure from one business unit to another when the system is in Maintenance Mode.
- VMMSSP Management Pack. This feature allows DCIT administrators to monitor the health of the self-service portal components.
- Localization. The VMMSSP is now localized in three languages: Japanese, Traditional Chinese, and Simplified Chinese.
- Manage virtual machine DVD drives and media. When working with virtual machines that have DVD drives, users can attach media such as ISO images to the virtual machines.
- Connect to VMware virtual machines. Users can now use the VMMSSP to manage and connect to virtual machines hosted by VMware host servers.
System Center Virtual Machine Manager Self-Service Portal 2.0 SP1 Overview and Quick Start
System Center Virtual Machine Manager Self-Service Portal 2.0 SP1