SQL Server Monitor Gadget for Windows Vista Sidebar
Have you ever thought about monitoring your SQL Server installation from Windows Vista Sidebar?
Well, you can install and download it for free at http://blogs.conchango.com/jamiethomson/archive/2007/08/09/Announcing-SQL-Server-Monitor-Gadget-for-Windows-Vista-Sidebar.aspx.
The gadget monitors a specified SQL Server database for various metrics and displays them on the Windows Vista Sidebar. It is provided for use by SQL Server DBAs that require a nice'n'easy way of monitoring important metrics on their SQL Server installations. In version 1 the gadget provides the following information:
- Data file size - total file size of the database data files
- Data file used - amount of used space on those data files
- Data file used % - The percentage of the total data size that has been used
- Log file size - total file size of the database log files
- Log file used - amount of used space on those log files
- Log file used % - The percentage of the total log size that has been used