Universal Event Tracking management now available in the API
In the August release of our .NET, Java, and Python SDKs, we included support for managing Universal Event Tracking (UET). The changes allow you to manage the UET tag defined to track customers to your website as well as the conversion goals which let you define how to log conversions when a customer lands on your website and performs some actions. The UET tags can also be used to manage remarketing lists as previously announced.
The following new service operations are available in the Campaign Management API. We do not have any plans at the moment for adding UET and Conversion Goal support in the Bulk API.
Manage UET tags
- Get existing UET tags using the GetUetTagsByIds service operation. You can use it to check if a tag was already created.
- Add a new UET tag to your shared library using the AddUetTags service operation.
- Update the name and description of an existing UetTag using the UpdateUetTags operation.
- Note: A maximum of 100 UET tags can be processed by the service operations above. In most cases, we recommend that you use one UET tag to track both remarketing opportunities and conversions. In some cases, you might need to create more than one tag. See this article for more information.
Manage Conversion goals
- Add a new conversion goal to your shared library using the AddConversionGoals service operation.
- You can get conversion goals either by specifying their IDs with the GetConversionGoalsByIds operation or by specifying the IDs of the associated UET tags with the GetConversionGoalsByTagIds operation.
- Update an existing conversion goal using the UpdateConversionGoals operation.
- Note: A maximum of 100 conversion goals can be processed by the service operations above.