This Week’s Link List (June 18, 2010)
I missed posting a Link List last week (I posted resources from my DPC presentation instead), so some of these links may seem a bit dated. And, some are, in fact, a bit old, but I found them to be very helpful in preparing for my DPC presentation…I think they are still very good reading. In any case, here’s the links that got my attention this week (or in the last two weeks :-))…
- The SQL Server Driver for PHP Team announced the release of CTP 2 of the SQL Server Driver for PHP 2.0: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sqlphp/archive/2010/06/15/sql-server-driver-for-php-2-0-ctp2-is-now-released.aspx
- The Microsoft Interoperability Team announced the Bing Search Library for PHP (built in collaboration with Cal Evans): http://blogs.msdn.com/b/interoperability/archive/2010/06/01/powering-search-on-php-web-sites-with-bing.aspx
- Following the release of the Bing Search Library for PHP, the Interoperability Team announced the release of the "Bing 404 for WordPress" plug-in (again, built in collaboration with Cal Evans).
- This paper examines how to use SQL Server Reporting Services to add features to SugarCRM Community Edition. Here's a snippet:"The Reporting Integration lab uses a basic sample to demonstrate how to use Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services to add reporting features to the SugarCRM Community Edition application. The lab covers the initial steps to achieve such integration leveraging the SQL Server Reporting Services Software Development Kit (SDK) for PHP.": http://interopvendoralliance.org/labs/reporting-integration-lab.aspx
- Comparing WinCache user cache API with other caches: http://www.ksingla.net/2010/03/comparing-wincache-user-cache-apis-with-other-caches/
- How to build PHP with Profile Guided Optimization for maximum performance on Windows: http://www.ksingla.net/2010/05/php-pgo-build-for-maximum-performance-on-windows/
- Security best practices for Windows Azure apps:
- jQuery globalization plug-in from Microsoft: http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2010/06/10/jquery-globalization-plugin-from-microsoft.aspx
As usual, I hope some of those prove to be helpful and/or interesting.