Visiting the Mouse
For anybody who cares, I'm starting the second week of a two week vacation at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida. So far I've taken the kids to all four of the Disney parks. (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, MGM, Animal Kingdom) We are having a blast. Tomorrow I'm taking my oldest son, Will, to Kennedy Space Center.
I've been adding a few phone pictures from the trip to my moblog.
Just to add a bit of tech to this otherwise non-technical posting, here's a rundown of the technology that I'm carrying with me, what works and what doesn't:
- Tablet PC - Works great, but both of the Bluetooth adapters I have with me have been horrible to work with. I'm going to see if I can find a new one this week that's compatible with XPSP2 and see if that makes a difference.
- Pocket PC - It's been awesome. (iPAQ 5450 PPC 2003) Bluetooth works great. It was syncing with my exchange account right up until I went way over my account size limit. :)
- Spot Watch - I set city for Orlando before I left on the trip and it's worked great ever since we landed.
- Nokia 3650 - This phone has worked really well. My only complaint is that when the time zone changed, the phone wasn't smart enough to update the calendar and so none of the appointments are right. Not that it matters on vacation. :) (Well , the watch and the Pocket PC figured out the right thing to do immediately.)
- Network - As I mentioned, GPRS works great with the Pocket PC over Bluetooth, but it hasn't worked well at all with the Tablet PC. The fouth day we were here my wife showed me a flyer for high speed network access in the room and asked me why I wasn't using it. Well, maybe because I didn't know about it. :)
- Cameras - I've got two cameras with me. A really small Canon and a Fujifilm S602. I've been shooting with the S602 onto a microdrive and so I've been using it for both still shots and for movies. I've been dumping my camera cards to the Tablet PC at the end of the day and I have the tablet set up as a picture frame. I'll post an edited movie when I get a chance.
I really haven't been spending much time on the computer at all. I read blogs via newsgator mobile on both the mobile phone and the Pocket PC. It's a great way to kill time while you're waiting in line.