BizSpark is fantastic for Windows 8 and Azure Entrepreneurs
Microsoft BizSpark is an awesome way to get access to the MS stack for free.
- It would be foolish not to leverage BizSpark if you are an entrepreneur. You can sign up here. It is free.
- Sign up Link
- You can learn more from Douglas Crets at:
- Microsoft BizSpark is a global program that helps software startups succeed by giving them access to Microsoft software development tools, connecting them with key industry players, including investors, and providing marketing visibility to help entrepreneurs starting a business.
- Microsoft believes that by helping startups succeed we're helping to build a valued long-term partnership. Together we can build a more vibrant global software economy.
- BizSpark helps startups by providing access to Microsoft software when you most need it and can least afford it, and by supporting the network of organizationsstartup incubators, investors, advisors, government agenciesthat are equally involved and invested in software-fueled innovation and entrepreneurship.
- It allows software startups to get access to software development tools, connecting them with key industry players, and providing marketing visibility.
- I love to talk about BizSpark because it gives you free access to Cloud Computing (Windows Azure)
- For free you get access to a powerful cloud platform for the creation of web applications and services.
- But that is not all, you get technical support, business training and a network of over 2,000 partners to connect members with incubators, investors, advisors, government agencies and hosters.
- More than 45,000 companies in over 100 countries have joined BizSpark.
- The Windows Azure platform makes it easy for startups to get a production ready solution up and running quickly so you can pursue the things that matter. Windows Azure offers a simple, comprehensive, and powerful platform for the creation of web applications and services. Windows Azure enables Start-ups to focus on their business logic, as opposed to operational hurdles, in creating compelling products.
- Azure Solves Problems
- Geo location of hosting servers
- Real time backup and failover for databases
- Deploying from staging to production environments
- Shared memory caches
- With respect to Azure, here is what you get:
- Compute 1,500 hours of a Small Instance
- Storage 30 GB
- Storage Transactions 2,000,000
- SQL Azure 5 GB
- Access Control Transactions* 500K
- Service Bus 3,000 hours
- Cache 128 MB cache
- Data transfers (WW) 35GB Out Free In
- Annual Savings** $3,700
- So what's the biggest service that you can build?
- With the previously mentioned provisos (delete deployments at the end of each and every 8 hour work day (this can be automated with PowerShell), write hosted services to interoperate, combine capacity of storage accounts / SQL Azure databases, etc) and for a team of 3 developers, you could in theory test an uber-service with up to 18 single-core instances (any combination of web/worker/vm roles), 15 GB of relational storage (3 separate 5GB databases perhaps sharded along customer boundaries?), 90GB non-relational storage (combination of blobs, tables, queues), and 768MB distributed memory cache (3 distinct namespaces.)
- Windows 8 Applications
- Get your Win8 apps into the Windows Store
- BizSpark members now get a free, 1-year Windows Store developer account.
- Save Time, Resources and Money with SendGrid
- SendGrid's cloud email infrastructure eliminates the cost and complexity of maintaining custom email systems in-house.
- Visual Studio and Developer Tooling
- BizSpark gives you access to Microsoft's giant software stack for free.
Just some of the software packages that you get for free.
- My local startup developers in Silicon Valley love this program.
- This is for startups
- Windows 8 Entrepreneurs
- Cloud Entrepreneurs
- Sign Up for BizSpark
- Click here to save $1,000's
BizSpark has been an amazing opportunity for my local entrepreneurs.