[Mini-Tutorial] Publishing Video Experience to Silverlight Streaming
I had an early tutorial on how to embed podcasts and screencasts in blog posts using Silverlight Streaming service. At that time, there was no publishing features in Expression Encoder to allow direct publishing of your video/audio experience once you encode them. Since then, our Encoder team has added a Silverlight Streaming Publishing Plug-In to make the encode-to-publish workflow really easy. Check out my updated tutorial below. Double click on the video player to view it in full screen. Make sure you have the following installed on your computer before starting the tutorial:
- Expression Encoder RTW version (you can get a 180 day trail key on the download site if you want to try out the tool first)
- Expression Encoder Silverlight Streaming Publishing Plug-in (If you have installed previously, please uninstall the previous version.)
- Sign up for a Silverlight Streaming by Windows Live Account
- Install Live Writer: Configure to Publish to Live Spaces or your own blog)
- Install Live Writer Plug-in: Insert a Silverlight Streaming Application (This plug-in was written by James Clarke on the Expression Encoder team. Trust him!)
You can also follow the link below to download a step-by-step instruction document on how to do this.