Great book references for Windows Phone Development
There are a great number of books on Windows Phone development out there and one of the common questions I get is which ones are good references to have on your shelf (or e-Reader of choice, as it were).
Below is a list of the ones that I feel are good. Most are based on what I have in my personal library, but there are some on my “wishlist” as well that come highly recommended by people whose opinions on Windows Phone I trust:
Books in my Personal Library
- Programming Windows Phone, Charles Petzold, MSPress, 2010 (free full book PDF download)
- Professional Windows Phone 7 Application Development: Building Applications and Games Using Visual Studio, Silverlight, and XNA, Nick Randolph and Christopher Fairburn, Wrox, 2010
- 101 Windows Phone 7 Apps, Volume I: Developing Apps 1-50, Adam Nathan, Sams, 2011
- Professional Windows Phone 7 Game Development: Creating Games using XNA Game Studio 4, Chris G. Williams and George W. Clingerman, Wrox, 2011
Books in my Wishlist
- Essential Windows Phone 7.5: Application Development with Silverlight, Shawn Wildermuth, Addison-Wesley, 2011
- Microsoft XNA Framework Edition: Programming Windows Phone 7, Charles Petzold, MSPress, 2010
- 101 Windows Phone 7 Apps, Volume II: Developing Apps 51-101, Adam Nathan, Sams, 2012 (not yet released on blog post publication date)
Am I missing any that you find very useful? Let me know!