Building on your Architecture from TechDays
You’ve attended, or plan to attend TechDays . You attend sessions and learn more about Agile, ASP.NET security sessions, IntelliTrace, the Entity Framework, Test Manager and more! Your head is buzzing with thoughts about how can I apply what I’ve seen at TechDays when I get back to the office. How do I share this with my team? Well instead of a Top 5, today it’s a Top 10!
Top 10 resources you can use after TechDays to help you take what you’ve learned and apply it at work!
In no particular order since sessions covered both methodologies and code, what’s the best resource will depend on which session’s content you want to apply!
- All sessions: try it out for yourself download the virtual machine and labs, or just launch it from the new TechDays site that goes live in December. Labs are one of the best ways to reinforce what you’ve learned!
- Code contracts: Download the Code Contracts for Visual Studio, there is a a great video introducing code contracts on this site as well
- Debugging and Intellitrace: This is well documented in the MSDN article Debugging with Intellitrace
- Test Manager: Brian Keller did a great session on how to use Test Manager at TechEd
- ASP.NET Security Skeletons: The Open Web Application Security Project is an organization focused on improving security of application software. All their materials are available free and you need to know theASP.NET specific securityarchitecture and features
- Improving your Code: Check out the book Improving the Design of Existing Code by Martin Fowler
- Entity Framework: Check out the blog post which gives you links to all sorts of fantastic tips and tricks on Entity Framework
- Agile: Check out the Visual Studio ALM Webcast series
- Agile: Read up on Peopleware by Tom Demarco & Timothy Lister and the role of people in development
- Kanban: Check out the book Kanban by David J. Anderson
If you missed out on TechDays Toronto, the Toronto sessions will be recorded and available when the new TechDays site launches shortly! If you are in Vancouver or Montreal there is still time to register ! The learning never stops!