Melbourne Azure BizSpark Startup Event Feb 4-6th
Melbourne residents now have the opportunity to participate in the hugely popular Azure BizSpark Startup Weekends we are currently hosting in Australian cities. Register Now >
Hear what attendees at our recent Perth based event have said:
“The boot camp is one of the best training experiences I have participated in so far, very well organised and fab people. Microsoft and the team deserve a 10 (over 10) for the event, I really recommend other developers to join the next camp event, they won’t regret it.”
Enrique Albert-Gleiser Snr Solutions Architect/Developer
“The BizSpark Azure Startup Camp gave our consultants the opportunity to exercise their creativity and explore the Azure cloud platform in a strongly enabling environment. They came away from the weekend with a wealth of knowledge and excitement about the potential of cloud computing and the Azure platform. We are confident that this excitement will soon be reflected by our customers and with the hands on experience gained allow us to address this need and craft valued solutions on the Azure platform. “
Caitlin McKinnon Ajilon
We also ran an Azure Start Up Camp in Sydney earlier this year and all involved found attending the event invaluable! You can read more about it here:
So if you have any interest in finding out more about the Cloud offerings and its ultimate potential to fast track business growth – you need to attend this weekend!
The event is focused on Microsoft’s Cloud offering Azure. Participants attend a deep dive technical day that explains the underlying technical aspects & business value of Azure and then go on to spend the following 2 day weekend using the newly acquired skills to build an application! Combine this with the benefit of learning from Technical and Business Experts while networking with other Entrepreneurs.
The pre day technical training is targeted at developers and Business Decision makers. The content covered includes a Cloud Computing overview, understanding the pricing model and how to get started building applications on Azure & SQL Azure. This event is presented by Graham Elliott
The weekend component of the event is all about you building something that you’d like to take to market. You can work by yourself or in teams of up to 3 people. MVP Steve Nagy, Microsoft’s Evangelist Catherine Eibner as well as a handful of local technical experts will be there to help you! At the end of the weekend, present your work to the judging panel of experts & investors to receive feedback & prizes that include Windows Phone 7 handsets & xBox Kinect packages.
To attend you must:
- Have AT LEAST 1 developer in your team that has attended the Azure Discovery Pre day or who already has experience in developing Applications for Azure.
- Be a member of Microsoft BizSpark (You will be asked to provide your BizSpark ID in your registration). www.microsoft.com/BizSpark
The entire event is being held at:
- Microsoft Melbourne Office
- Level 5, 4 Freshwater Place Southbank Vic 3006
- 4th February Technical Deep Dive 9am - 5pm
- 5th-6th February Startup Weekend 9am – 7pm
- The tools you will need on your machine to prepare yourself for Azure
- Hands on instruction and expert assistance
- Power and network access
- Snacks and refreshments
- Post event technical resources so you can take your skills to the next level
- Business Connections that help you achieve future success for your Startup
- Your own laptop
- Your own credit card (for Azure activations this is required, even if you only setup for a trial period, but this event is free!)
- Your energy, passion and
We look forward to seeing you there!
PS – please register soon as places are limited