Biztalk R3 Announced
For those of you who were wondering about support for SQL 2008, Windows Server 2008, Visual Studio 2008, and .Net Framework 3.5 with Biztalk server, Steve Martin just blogged about the upcoming release of "R3" which is a refresh of the Biztalk bits.
Some of the new features that will be added:
· New web service registry capabilities with support for UDDI (Universal Description Discovery and Integration) version 3.0
· Enhanced service enablement of applications (through new and enhanced adapters for LOB applications, databases, and legacy/host systems)
· Enhanced service enablement of “edge” devices through BizTalk RFID Mobile
· Enhanced interoperability and connectivity support for B2B protocols (like SWIFT, EDI, etc)
· SOA patterns and best practices guidance to assist our customer’s implementations
I really like the first bullet, which is a nice addition. We have been sorely lacking in support for UDDI 3.0 for quite some time. There will be a CTP later this year, and you can sign up for the TAP (Technical Adoption Program) on the Microsoft Connect site.