Southern Friend Roadshow – December Edition
The Roadshow is coming to town again the first week of December (Dec. 2-5)! This time we are travelling through the Carolinas bringing great Architect and Developer content to your neighborhood. While not as in depth as the MDC, we have a session on Could Computing, Silverlight 2, and some of the ASP.Net enhancements. See below for a full description and the dates.
The MSDN Southern Fried Roadshow is a free developer event with a southern flair, where you will learn about some of the latest developments in Microsoft technologies. For December, 2008 the Roadshow will be presented by Architect Evangelist Chad Brooks and Developer Evangelists Glen Gordon and Brian Hitney. Chad, Glen & Brian will be loading up a minivan with lots of goodies, and trying to hit 4 cities in North Carolina and South Carolina in 4 days.
- Take a tour of Microsoft’s cloud computing platform and the services that make it easy to give your applications the most compelling experiences and features. Explore the journey a developer takes, from writing a service to launching that service in the cloud. Learn about the cloud services that enable developers to easily create or extend their applications and services.
- Microsoft Silverlight 2 provides a powerful platform for building the next generation of rich interactive applications on the Internet. In this session, we take a look at the programming model and tools that developers and designers can leverage to build these true next-generation experiences for consumers and business, and demonstrate building a rich interactive application (RIA) using Silverlight and Microsoft .NET.
- ASP.NET is evolving a very rapid pace, come explore all the latest features of ASP.Net such as Dynamic Data, MVC, and even take a sneak peak at the upcoming features in ASP.NET 4.0! We’ll look at some new features such as taking control of your Control IDs, using the DynamicImage control, and ViewState management options. We’ll spend plenty of time talking about MVC and creating applications based on this framework, so if you’re wondering how to leverage MVC in your web applications, this talk is for you!
We will also feature local speakers from each of our stops delivering short talks at the beginning of the Roadshow. These Homegrown Nuggets will sure be tasty!
Every attendee will receive a free MS Press book on Silverlight 2 (while supplies last) as well as pointers to tons of resources for further learning. Register today using the links below. Each day begins at 9 AM and goes until 3 PM. In keeping with our theme, a nice Southern fried lunch will be served.
- December 2 - Charleston, SC
- December 3 - Wilmington, NC
- December 4 - Raleigh, NC
- December 5 - Charlotte, NC
Join our Facebook group!
Come join our Facebook group and stay up to date on our travel adventures. Chime in with questions or comments, or just cheer us on.