What's New for SQL Server 2008 R2 Editions
At the PASS summit, the Editions of SQL Server 2008 R2 were announced. Pricing was also announced.
- SQL Server 2008 R2 is planned for release in the first half of calendar year 2010
- 2 New Editions were announced: Datacenter and Parallel Data Warehouse
- Application and Multi-Server Management
- Support for up to 256 logical processors
- Backup Compression will now also be a feature of SQL Server 2008 R2 standard edition
The November Community Technology Preview (CTP) of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 is now also available