Someone at the Launch event a few weeks ago asked me what tools I use when presenting as well as any cool developer tools that I use when developing. I figured that with Hanselman’s List, having another list didn’t make a lot of sense since I get a lot of value out of what he’s already put together, but then I figured if it was in a Blog post, then I’d always have it around for when I needed to rebuild my machine :)
I’m posting it here, as a first draft, but am planning to make this a “page” within Community Server so that I can edit it later. Anyway, here goes (and in no particular order):
- Office Communicator 2007
- Live Mesh
- Firefox – for testing down-level browsers ;-)
- Feed Demon from Newsgator
- Newsgator Go! for mobile
- Newsgator Toolbar
- del.icio.us Toolbar buttons
- Flickr Downloadr
- Virtual Earth
- Windows Live Writer + lots of plugins
- IE7 Pro
- Live Meeting + Outlook add-ins
- ZoomIt (Sysinternals)
- Process Explorer (Sysinternals)
- Windows Mobility Center – although this comes with Vista, I have to mention it here because it ROCKS. WMC makes it SUPER easy to manage a LOT of your laptop settings from a simple control panel. Whenever I connect to an external projector, I use this instead of some funky F-key sequence. WMC works every single time.
- Foxit Reader – way faster than Adobe’s Reader.
- IE8 Debugging Tools
I'm sure that I've forgotten something, but I can always go back to this page to update it. When I get time, I'll add links to all the tools so it will be easy for you to download them.