Announcing the first in a series of 6 international barcamp-style events for Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.5 OS called WinMoDevCamp! WinMoDevCamp is a not-for-profit gathering to develop applications for the upcoming release of the Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.5 O/S. Attendees will include mobile developers, web developers, .Net Developers, UI designers, and testers, to learning all about the wonderfulness that is Windows Mobile 6.5, and development projects during the event will include both solo and team efforts. While some attendees will wish to work solo during the event, we encourage attendees to team up, based on expertise, to work in ad-hoc project development teams. All attendees should be prepared to work on a development project during the event.
During the event, attendees will be able to:
- Create new applications for the Windows Mobile Platform.
- Meet and work side-by-side with team members from the Microsoft Mobile Developer Experience team.
- Migrate existing mobile applications from the iPhone, Blackberry and Palm Pre to the Windows Mobile Platform.
- Create applications to support Windows Enterprise Applications.
- Test and optimize applications for Windows Mobile 6.5.
The first event is scheduled for August 19th in Seattle, Washington. Although the “official” list of cities includes Seattle, Austin, London, New York, San Francisco and Singapore, the soon-to-be-released http://winmodevcamp.org website will have facilities for us to organize our own local events.