News for Action Pack Subscribers
From 30 November 2007, partners either renewing or subscribing to the Action Pack will be required to take an online course from the Partner Learning Centre and pass with a score of 70% or higher, every two years.
Supplemental Kit Offerings: Action Pack “Special Editions”
In addition to the standard Action Pack kit that you receive, we’ve created the following supplements, which will be offered up to twice per year at no additional cost.
- Small Business Specialist Community Toolkit
- Professional Accountants
- Web Developers, Designers and Agencies
- You must pass the appropriate online course and assessment at least 30 days prior to the estimated ship date for this kit.
- The kit does not automatically ship after you pass the online Web solution course. You have apply for it once you receive an email with the order instructions and order code.
- Kits ship up to two times per year.
- Timing for delivery of the add-on kits is currently being determined, but I'm really hoping it'll be before Christmas, fingers crossed.
- Who can subscribe to the Microsoft Action Pack?
- The Microsoft Action Pack Subscription is available exclusively to consultants, value-added resellers, value-added providers, system integrators, developers, system builders, hosts, and service providers who are enrolled as Registered Members in the Microsoft Partner Program and who distribute or influence the acquisition of Microsoft software and Microsoft-based solutions by their customers. Learn how to become a Registered Member.
- Can Certified and Gold Certified Partners subscribe to the Microsoft Action Pack?
- No, Certified and Gold Certified Partners aren't eligible to subscribe. However, they do have exclusive access to the Lite Tool Kit (a similar offer to the Action Pack).
- If you're a Microsoft Certified Partner, you already have access to the content and software included in the Microsoft Action Pack Subscription. The software and resources are shipped to your business monthly. Simply sign in to the private website for Microsoft Certified Partners, and then select the information and resources you need to successfully promote, service, and support Microsoft solutions.
- Do I need to be a Registered Microsoft Partner Program Member to subscribe?
- Yes. Only Registered Microsoft Partner Program Members may subscribe to the Microsoft Action Pack. To learn how to become a Registered Member, click here .
- What does the assessment requirement entail?
- Starting November 30, 2007, whether you renew or subscribe to the Action Pack for the first time, you’ll be required to take an online course from the Partner Learning Center and pass the associated course assessment (with a score of 70 percent or higher). Action Pack subscribers must pass an assessment every two years. Most courses take an hour to complete.
- To ensure that we record that you’ve met the requirement, 1) use the same Windows Live ID in the Partner Learning Center that you use to sign in to the Partner Portal; and 2) complete, submit, and close out of the training module. You should print the completion certificate (provided at the end of the assessment) and save it for your records.
- Why does Microsoft require an assessment for the Action Pack?
- The assessment requirement is intended to maintain the integrity of the subscription content as a benefit to subscribing partners, and to ensure compliance with the terms of the MAPS initiative.
- How do I take an online course and an assessment?
- How often do I need to take an online course and an assessment?
- After November 30, 2007, you must pass an assessment (with a score of 70 percent or higher) every two years.
- How do I subscribe?
- How do I renew my subscription?
- We'll send a renewal notice prior to the end of your subscription year. This notification will include a renewal code for your use. Please make sure to update your contact information so you can receive your renewal subscription on time. If you don't receive your renewal notice within 30 days of your subscription end date, send your name, company name, shipping address, and subscription renewal request to the Regional Service Center near you. If your subscription is about to expire, please renew here .
- Special Edition Toolkits - what do they contain?
- The contents of the kits will be announced up to two months before the kit is ready to ship. For scheduled ship dates of Special Edition toolkits, visit the Standard Contents page and are free.
- How do I receive a Special Edition kit?
- Small Business Specialist Community Special Edition Toolkit You must be actively enrolled as a Small Business Specialist at least 30 days prior to the estimated ship date for this kit. Note: The kit does not automatically ship upon your enrollment as a Small Business Specialist. Kits ship up to two times per year. When the kit is offered, you’ll receive an email message with order instructions and an order code. Timing for delivery of the add-on kits is currently being determined.
- Web Solution Provider Special Edition Toolkit You must pass the appropriate online course and assessment at least 30 days prior to the estimated ship date for this kit. Note: The kit does not automatically ship after you pass the online Web solution course. Kits ship up to two times per year. When the kit is offered, you’ll receive an email message with order instructions and an order code. Timing for delivery of the add-on kits is currently being determined.
- Contact the Regional Service Center if:
- You're having difficulties ordering or renewing.
- You didn't receive your Welcome Kit or Quarterly Update Kit (check quarterly shipping schedule ).
- Your kit was damaged or missing components when you received it.
- You have a suggestion for content or software to include in the Action Pack Subscription.
- You want to change the key contact for the subscription.
- Please include your subscription ID, name, address, phone number, and email address when contacting your Regional Service Center (so in Australia it's 13-20-58, Option 4).