Lots of new SP1's released!
Now I understand why I haven't heard much from our product groups lately - they have been cutting a lot of new code! Three (3) service packs are available for you to download:
- Visual Studio 2008 SP1 (download here)
- TFS 2008 SP1 (download here)
- .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (download here)
Don't be fooled by the name "Service Pack" this is not just a collection of bug fixes but includes significant new features as well.
Selected highlights in TFS SP1 include:
- TFS support for SQL 2008
- Improved source control features simplifying how to add file to source control
- Office 2008 Ribbon for TFS 2008 / Excel integration
- Significant performance improvements when dealing with large amounts of data in TFS
- simplified e-Mail notification
Highlights in VS SP1:
- improved WPF designers to take advantage of changes made to .NET 3.5 SP1
- full support for SQL Server 2008
- tooling for ADO.NET Entity Framework and ADO.NET Data Services in .NET 3.5
Highlights in .NET 3.5 SP1:
- up to 45% performance increase for WPF based applications - without writing a single line of code!
- WCF improvements to simplify accessing data and services
- extensive support for SQL2008 features
For more information you may also want to check out Brian Harry's blog