Announcing Project Server 2010 Preliminary System Requirements
Following this SharePoint 2010 announcement today: Announcing SharePoint Server 2010 Preliminary System Requirements please note the following requirements for Project Server 2010
- Project Server 2010 will be 64-bit only
- Project Server 2010 will require 64-bit Windows Server 2008 or 64-bit Windows Server 2008 R2
- Project Server 2010 will require 64-bit SQL 2005 or 2008
- Project Server 2010 will only support Internet Explorer 7 or 8 (IE 6 will not be supported nor other browsers)
Please find below two recently published article on TechNet to help you migrate your existing Project Server 2007 farm to 64-bit:
- Advantages of 64-bit hardware and software (Project Server 2007) This articles describes the advantages of running your Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 farm on a 64-bit Windows server environment.
- Migrate an existing server farm to a 64-bit environment (Project Server 2007) This article provides instructions and recommendations for a clean, phased migration of a Office Project Server 2007 farm to servers in a 64-bit environment.
Finally please encourage your customers and partners to attend our upcoming Microsoft Project Conference 2009 in September to learn about Project 2010.