Microsoft Project and Project Server 2010 End User/Help Documentation
Following the virtual launch on May 12th of Project 2010 and thanks to Toney and Sonia from the Office Content Publishing team hard work please find below a recap of content available today to help use Project and Project Server 2010.
In their words: “We will continue adding videos to the Help content, and will be adding new Help topics. We welcome feedback on our Help content, and would love to read your comments and suggestions! Simply click one of the answers to the question at the bottom of any Help article (“Did this article help you?”). You can then provide additional information about your experience with the Help content. Our writing team reviews this feedback regularly, and uses it to update existing content, or plan for future content.”
Project Server 2010
Currently, end user documentation for Project Web App can be found on the Project Server 2010 Help and How-To page on Office.com, and includes:
- What’s new in Project Web App
- Getting started with Project Web App
- Up to speed with Project Web App (video series)
- Getting started articles for each of the following roles:
- Discontinued features and modified functionality in Microsoft Project Server 2010
Project client 2010
Currently, end user documentation for Project 2010 client can be found on the Project 2010 Help and How To page on Office.com, and includes:
- What’s New For Project 2010
- Project Quick Reference Guide. This is a downloadable Word doc that helps users match project management processes with Project 2010 features.
- Two Help features that helps users understand the Project ribbon:
- Go Beyond Excel. An article that sells Project over Excel for basic project management.
- Community. A Help article with links to community sources of content, including Facebook, YouTube, and other sites where Project is discussed..
- Videos. Numerous Videos have been produced, including an Up-To-Speed video series.
- Getting Started series of articles. These include articles and videos that introduce the user to Project, including: Getting Started overview topic, Project basics overview topic, Starting a new project overview topic, Project basics step-by-step guide.
- How scheduling works in Project. An overview of the new scheduling engine.
- Using Project with previous versions article. A backwards compatibility article.
- Discontinued features and changed functionality in Project 2010
Future plans include:
- Videos. We will continue adding videos to the Help content, and will be adding new Help topics relating to every area in Project 2010.
- Project Roadmap. This article presents our scenario-based approach to Project documentation. It maps our Getting Started and Overview topics with project management methodology.
- Training videos. A video series on getting started with Project.
- Book acquisitions. We will post excerpts from Gary Chefetz’s books on Project 2010.