Troubleshooting Project Server Active Directory (AD) Synchronization
If you are having issues using AD synchronization with EPM (user not synched up for instance) you can do the following two actions to troubleshoot the sync. process:
· Using “Active Directory Users and Computers” (dsa.msc) MMC snap-in, find the group to sync and if so, are the users listed under members tab?
· Get detail logs of the EPM to AD sync process and analyze them.
To activate the ULS do the following:
1. Go to your farm Central Administration page, select Central Administration > Operations > Diagnostic Logging
2. In Event Throttling, select Project Server Active Directory Synchronization category
3. Set Least critical event to report to the trace log as Verbose, and press OK
ULS are typically located under: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\LOGS