Visual Studio 2010 Designer Multi-Targeting
Visual Studio 2010 has been out for a couple of weeks now. What a great time for me to kick off a new blog to discuss some of the insights and contributions I made to the designer multi-targeting experience. I’ll be focusing on new features in VS 2010, how they work, and guidance for how to write designer code that supports multi-targeting. I’ll mostly be looking at Windows and Web Forms designers.
For an introduction on Multi-Targeting, you can check out Scott Guthrie’s post.
Here are some topics I’m planning (I’ll update this list with links as I go):
- A Project’s Target Framework
- Designer Filtering using Reference Assemblies
- Multi-Targeting Designer Services
- Enabling for Control Designers
- TypeDescriptor Updates in .NET4
- When and How to do Target-Aware Reflection
- Runtime versus Reflection Types
- Design Time Assembly Resolution
- Type Resolution Service
- Avoiding Multi-Targeting Memory Leaks
UPDATE – Here are a few other blog posts on Visual Studio 2010 Multi-Targeting: