FCS v1 Update
A short note, but on October 12th, we released an update to FCSv1. This update contains:
- This update is supported on Windows 7 SP1 RC or greater. Windows 7 Service Pack 1 will check for the presence of this update or a superseding update before installing.
- This update contains changes to the Forefront Client Security service to improve remediation of certain malicious software.
- This update corrects two issues in the mpfilter.sys kernel component used by Client Security that cause deadlocks.
- This update corrects an issue during definition update, computers that utilize the Volume Shadow Copy service appear to hang for several minutes. This issue may occur on computers using backup software that leverages shadow copy volumes.
- This update corrects a stop error with the error code 0x00000050 on computers running Windows Vista, Windows 2008 Server, Windows 7 or Windows 2008 R2 Server. If Client Security is installed on a computer.
- This update increases the priority of the antimalware engine and definitions that are loaded during antimalware service start. The priority change enables the antimalware service to handle requests sooner, mitigating the UI unresponsiveness. However, this change may slightly increase boot time on limited systems by consuming more processor resources during system start.
- This update corrects an issue in real-time protection when volumes are encrypted usingcertain 3rd party technologies.
For already installed FCS client installations, install the update for Microsoft Knowledge Base article 2394433 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2394433/).
For new FCS Client installations, deploy the client components listed in Microsoft Knowledge Base article 2394439 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2394439/).