Have FCS? Moving to FEP?
I wanted to let you know that we have guidance for migrating from FCS v1 to FEP 2010 here (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg477033.aspx).
The process involves the following high level steps:
- Document the policy settings you want to preserve from FCS to FEP. There is no policy migration between the two versions.
- In WSUS, unapprove all the FCS v1 client installation packages.
- If you forget to do this, you may end up with FCS v1 reinstalled.
- Install FEP on your Config Mgr installation, and proceed with the FEP client deployment.
- The FCS v1 client software is automatically uninstalled and FEP is installed.
- Also – the definitions already on the client computers are preserved, speeding up the up-to-date process for definition downloading.
Senior Technical Writer