FREE CLASS: Windows Server 2012: Preparing for the Datacenter Evolution.
Windows Server 2012 provides a dynamic, highly available and cost-effective server platform for the modern datacenter and the cloud. Its impact scales from a few servers all the way to multitenant-aware, multisite environments in the largest organizations. Windows Server 2012 is one of the most significant releases of Windows Server to date, and there is a vast number of new features in this release that will enable you to Cloud-Optimize your IT.
Leveraging the popular “Jump Start” virtual classroom approach, Microsoft Senior Technical Evangelist Rick Claus and Microsoft Partner Corey Hynes will walk you through their personal favorite feature sets while answering why and how each one will have a positive impact on improving your day-to-day IT environment. These accelerated, engaging and demo-heavy sessions are guaranteed to get you excited and ready to try them yourself.
Windows Server 2012 Jump Start Details
- Course: “Windows Server 2012: Preparing for the Datacenter Evolution”
- Date/Time: June 20-21, 2012 from 9:00am – 4:00pm PST
- Where: Live virtual classroom (online from wherever you are)
- Cost: FREE!
- Target audience: IT Professionals and IT Decision Makers
Register online Now !!
Day 1 Morning: Beyond Virtualization
Learn about the game changers in the next release of the Hyper-V role on Windows Server 2012
- Scale, CPU, RAM, Cores, etc.
- Networking Switch (recorded demo hopefully)
- NUMA and performance
- Hyper-V over SMB and Hyper-V over RDMA
- Shared Nothing Live Migration
- Live Storage Migration
- Moving VM from test to a production cluster without downtime
Massive scale increases, networking improvements, replication and disaster recovery is all in the box
- IP Address Virtualization
- IP Address Virtualization with SCVMM 2012 SP1
Day 1 Afternoon: Manageability
Learn about how you can manage a few systems up to a hundred systems – all from one console
- Server Manager
- DAC… and related topics
- Installing roles in offline VHDs
Server Core installs scaring you off? Learn about all your installation and management options
- Moving from Core-MiniShell-Full UI and back again
Windows PowerShell automation and management at scale – all with built in tools
- PowerShell ISE and command simplification
- PowerShell new features and new PowerShell replacements for common commands
- Automating OS level tasks, IP addresses, etc.
- Network Teaming and network configuration
- SMB MultiChannel and RDMA
Day 2 Morning: Storage
Learn how Continuous Availability of File Services improves workload reliability and performance
- Setup HA File Server; SMB Failover
- Running SQL over SMB; Running Hyper-V over SMB
Storage groups, disk provisioning, iSCSI and SAN integration
- Storage Spaces
- Built-in ISCSI; Boot from ISCSI
- Windows Online Backup
Day 2 Afternoon: Remote Users
Remote connectivity options for your workforce
- DA; Offline Domain Join and DA
- DA simplified Setup; Possible DA Multi-Site
VDI and Remote Desktop Services deployment and changes
- User level disks
- Pooled / Private VDI Setup
- VDI Quick Setup
- Multi-Touch RDP