CodePlex learns to talk to other services!
CodePlex is now able to talk to other services! For example, if you want CodePlex to tell Trello to update cards on your Trello board, it can do it. Or if you want CodePlex to notify your Campfire chat room when updates are pushed, it can do that too.
To start off, we are going to be adding support for the following services:
- Campfire – Notify a Campfire chat room when commits occur
- HipChat – Notify a HipChat chat room when commits occur
- Trello – Add commit summaries to Trello cards by referencing those cards in commit messages
- Twitter – Notify your Twitter followers when updates are pushed to your project
In addition, we will continue to support our existing integrations with
- Windows Azure – Continuously deploy to Windows Azure on pushes (For Git and Hg projects)
- AppHarbor – Continuously deploy to AppHarbor on pushes
To set up these integrations for your project, navigate to the project settings page as a project coordinator, and click on the services section as seen below:
While we are starting with these six services, the infrastructure is now in place to allow us to quickly roll out new integrations. We would love to hear which services and integrations you would like to see most on our suggestions page.
We realize that there are some services and URLs that only make sense for your project to send notifications to. To support this scenario, we plan to add generic web hooks in the near future.
Have ideas on how to improve CodePlex? Please visit our suggestions page! Vote for existing ideas or submit a new one.