Release notes for 9/25/2012
Below are the release notes from today's deployment.
1. With today’s deployment we’ve made some significant changes to the source code experience.
- First of all, you’ll noticed that we moved the Source Code tab closer to the project home tab.
We believe that this will help make source code more discoverable and emphasizes our focus on developer collaboration.
- The next thing you’ll notice is that when you click on the Source Code tab, you will immediately be browsing code. We want to get you to the project source code in a minimum number of clicks, and this change helps get you there. The changeset history is still there, which brings us to the next change…
- We implemented an action bar in the source code section, which will make certain actions more discoverable, including forking, cloning, and downloading source code
The popups in the action bar will help you perform the tasks you need to do when contributing to projects, as well as managing your own projects. Take a look at how easy it is to find the clone/connection URL now!
2. The second exciting thing we turned on this week is the ability to enable Windows Azure Web Sites to build and deploy your project source code (for Git source code projects). You can read more about how to do this in Mark's post here.
3. We also made some improvements in other areas this week:
- Made some improvements to screen reader accessibility
- Fixed some minor UI issues in the browse source code page
We'd love to have your feedback on the new changes to the source code tab. Please let us know what you think on our suggestions page, send us a message on Twitter @codeplex, or you can reach Mark Groves directly @mgroves84