Functions for use in a MOSS 2007 column ([Today] [Me] [Other??])
Following the recent questions from my last post I thought it would be useful to highlight what functions are available when creating a column in a list/library within MOSS 2007. This can be useful when creating a:
- Calculated column based on other columns within a list/library. For example, to calculate the number of days difference between a list item being Created and Modified.
- View of a list/library that shows items that meet a certain criteria. For example, a View showing the tasks assigned to me.
Although the [Today] and [Me] functions are well know, other functions are not.
List of functions available
All of the functions available are listed below. I have only tested a sample of these in a MOSS 2007 list, but in theory most/all should work!
To get a more detailed list of the functions available:
- Open a MOSS 2007 site.
- Create a list.
- On the Actions menu, select Edit in Datasheet.
4. At the bottom of the list, click the Help hyperlink. This will open a chm file.
5. In the chm file, expand the Function Reference tree
The chm file may also be found at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\1033\STSLIST.CHM.
Example use of a function
Requirement = calculate the number of days difference between two date columns.
1. Make two date columns, one called Date1 and the other called Date2.
2. Make a third column (e.g. DateCalc) to calculate the difference and ensure the column type is set to Calculated.
3. In the Formula box type =DATEDIF(Date1,Date2,"D")
4. In the The data that is returned from this formula is section, click the Number radio button.
Result within a MOSS 2007 List: