How to capture a Fiddler trace for Git for Windows
Prerequisites to download/install:
- Git for Windows (http://git-scm.com/)
- Fiddler (http://www.telerik.com/fiddler)
- gitfiddler.cmd (attached at bottom)
- Run gitfiddler.cmd in a new command prompt. This script configures git.exe to use Fiddler as a proxy, and then waits for a key press. Once a key is pressed, the script clears the settings that it sets, and then exists.
- Leave the script running for now.
- READ the script before running it!
- Start Fiddler
- If you are using HTTPS, enable HTTPS decryption (http://docs.telerik.com/fiddler/Configure-Fiddler/Tasks/DecryptHTTPS)
- Run your git commands
- Select the captured requests in Fiddler and save them in a ArchiveZip (*.saz) file.