SQL Server Express - Pre-Built Database Designs and Publish To Hoster Wizard
SQL Server Express Starter Schemas
The SQL Server Express team got Barry Williams from http://databaseanswers.org to publish 10 pre-built schemas for common database designs to help ease the pain of working with databases and for users to understand what real-world database schemas look like. This helps in that rather than you having to recreate the wheel, you can take and modify these designs and use them as a good start place. Each design comes with create and drop scripts, a pre-built MDF database, and a corresponding ER diagram.
- Data Schema 1: Assets Maintenance
- Data Schema 2: Contact Management
- Data Schema 3: Customers and Orders
- Data Schema 4: Document Management
- Data Schema 5: e-Commerce
- Data Schema 6: Help Desk
- Data Schema 7: Issue Tracking Software
- Data Schema 8: Retail Inventory Control
- Data Schema 9: Not for Profits
- Data Schema 10: Product Catalogs
SQL Server Hosting Toolkit
The ASP.NET team has published a Database Publishing Wizard designed to easy the pain of getting a SQL Server Express database you created locally onto a web hoster like GoDaddy and others.
Scott Guthrie has a great tutorial that walks through step-by-step on how to publish your database.