Annoucing Visual Studio vNext at Teched US
Jason Zander announced, yesterday, our vision for Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) in the next version of Visual Studio. Our vision for ALM can be broken down into three main themes:
- Building on the momentum of Visual Studio 2010.
- Accelerating agile adoption
- Linking development and operations
we are closing the gap between the development and the supervision phase (Develop/Operate). Expending our SDLC support to a much broader ALM support
Many annoucements like
- StoryBoard Assistant – a plug-in for PowerPoint that connects the creation and review of story boards with the rest of the team.
- A set of natural tools that let stakeholders directly participate in the development process (feedback tool records feedback on the web site or can be send by emails)
- Code Clone Detection, support of Nunit & Xunit
- System Center Operations Manager Connector
I recommend you to download the “ Visual Studio vNext: Application Lifecycle Management” whitepaper . You can also watch the Teched North America 2011 Keynote (fast forward to 1:01:00 for Jason’s session).