Mix, Silverlight and the DLR
I’m sure you’ve heard the headline items from Mix.
I thought I’d put up a couple of links for the things that I found interesting.
If you’ve got the time, I’d recommend watching the Mix keynote video (warning it’s 2.5 hours). In this you’ll get an overview of Silverlight, the cross platform CLR, ruby in the browser, and some very, very cool demos (favs include debugging a silverlight app running on a browser from a windows box, installing Silverlight, and that 20 second chess match!)
I’d also check out
- Robert Scobles interview with Scott Guthrie,
- Steve Gilmours take (who isn't a MS fan at all)
- John Lam - one of the guys responsible for the dynamic language runtime (John did the orginal port of Ruby.Net) on what the DLR is and why it was made
- Scott Guthrie on silverlight and the cross platform CLR
- Michael Arrington from TechCrunch on why silverlight is important.
- Scott Hanselmans "putting it all in context" post is worth a read too.
- For local context JB and Alex have got some good coverage.