Receive NZ headlines in Visual Studio 2005!
This is something I've been working on for a while and it finally works!
If you live in New Zealand, we can let you know of New Zealand news and events, etc that are coming up that you might be interested in from inside Visual Studio 2005.
So - here's what you need to do.
- Open Visual Studio 2005 and select Options from the Tools menu (Tools -> Options)
- Under Environment select the Web browser settings and make sure your home page is set to http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=32722&clcid=0x409
- Click Internet Explorer Options
- At the bottom of the General tab in IE Options click the Languages button and make sure that the first language in the list is "English (New Zealand) [en-nz]"
- Click OK to close the languages dialog, click OK to close the IE options dialog
- Click OK to save your Visual Studio options (you may need to restart Visual Studio).
Next time you start Visual Studio you should see some New Zealand info under "Visual Studio Headlines" as per the image below. The goal is to update this regularly with local news and information about events and programs we have on offer. Oh - and do what the first headline says if you haven't already :-)