Windows Azure Marketplace is available in 50 additional countries and features new exciting content including our own Bing Optical Character Recognition service
Hello Windows Azure Marketplace users,
We have some very exciting news to share with you – we are now commercially available in 50 additional countries!, taking our total countries support up to 88. We also added some new and exciting content to the Marketplace, including Microsoft’s Optical Character Recognition service recently announced at //build conference, new data services from D&B, French postal offices locations directly from La Poste and great UK location services from MapMechanics.
1) Customers from the following countries can now purchase and consume qualified Marketplace offers:
Algeria, Argentina, Bahrain, Belarus, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Estonia, Guatemala, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Montenegro, Morocco, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Venezuela.
Already registered in a different market?
You can migrate your account to your native market by few simple steps:
- Go to https://datamarket.azure.com/account
- Cancel any existing application or data subscriptions
- Click “Edit” on “Account Information” page
- Select the region associated with your Microsoft Account
- Click “Save”
- Subscribe to all your favorite offers again and enjoy new features like local currency pricing and billing
2) Bing OCR (Optical Character Recognition) Control is now available on the Windows Azure Marketplace – you can now leverage Microsoft’s cloud-based optical character recognition capabilities and integrate it into your Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 apps. Click here to check out the offer and here to learn more about the OCR service.
3) We are pretty pumped to have a dataset from the prestigious French Postal Office, La Poste. Please check out the offer here.
Here is a snapshot of the offer in our Service Explorer:
4) D&B (Dun & Bradstreet) , the company known as the leading source of commercial data and insight on businesses, has added six new APIs to the growing list of data offers on the Windows Azure Marketplace. Check out the new offerings from D&B:
- Company Cleanse & Match for Microsoft SQL Server Data Quality Services – uses SQL Server 2012 Data Quality Services with D&B dataset as reference data for data cleansing project
- Global Address Validation – lets you verify and clean global company addresses.
- Company Demographics – Address and Phone – can be explored directly in the Marketplace, or by using Excel or via API programming.
- Company Firmographics – Industry and Sales – same access methods as above
- Company Family Hierarchy – Related Companies – same access methods as above
- D&B Business Insight ( AKA Company prospect builder ) - same access methods as above.
Windows Azure Marketplace Team