Final version of ‘My Web Pages Starter Kit’ is here
Beginning of November I already mentioned that the RC1 version of the My Web Pages Starter Kit was available.
The My Web Pages Starter Kit is a dynamic content management system (CMS). It is designed to meet the needs of computer enthusiasts who want to deploy and maintain their own website – and it is also easy to modify the look and feel or even change/extend the feature set.
With the new My Web Pages Starter Kit you can easily create and manage your own website. It enables customers to set up and maintain websites through a browser based administration interface. This full-fledged Content Management System is open source and freely available. It is composed of modules and easily extensible. Join in and test it yourself!
An example of a site built and deployed using this kit can be found here.
More practical information on the starter kit can be found from the set of links below:
- Feature - Function - Benefits
- Typical usage scenarios
- How To?
- The future of the My Web Pages Starter Kit
- Security Operation Procedures
- 3rd party software
Get started in 1-2-3:
- Easy to get the My Web Pages Starter Kit
- Easy to customize with the Microsoft Visual Web Developer Express Edition (This is optional - you may just use the kit out of the box)
- Easy to deploy at an ASP.NET 2.0 hoster
In the next months we will be fixing all the incoming issues, provide some transparancy on creating your own ASP.NET 2.0 templates and extending the functionality of the kit (ASP.NET AJAX?). Of course we will also be working on localization.